How can we create an environment where men and women of all ages can participate in social activities in various ways depending on their own abilities and desires? How can we reduce the number of mothers who die during childbirth due to insufficient healthcare facilities or scarcity of healthcare staff? How can we empower children in remote areas to develop their full potential when they have to spend their day fetching water instead of attending school? How can we ensure children grow up to be healthy adults when each time it rains sewage water leaks into their houses?
Tackling population issues is indeed inherent to all our lives. Each day we confront challenges that revolve around these issues. Effective resolution of these issues requires inclusive and innovative approaches that are fostered by people’s understanding. APDA joins forces with a variety of counterparts in other countries to address population issues through supporting parliamentarians and research activities.
By becoming a member of APDA for a mere 500 yen membership fee per month, you can already start engaging in efforts that contribute to realizing a better world that develops with principal of sustainability and justice. APDA, in continuous cooperation and collaboration with other regional and national population and development platforms, and together with strong partnership with UNFPA and IPPF, will strive to improve precious lives of all women, men and children and create equal opportunities and frameworks for them to develop and maximize individual unique capabilities so that everyone can participate fully in all aspects of society.
Members enjoy benefits such as:
- Staying up to date with the latest developments and news on population and development
- Subscriptions to the quarterly publication “Population and Development” (in Japanese), in addition to printed project reports, calendars, etc.
- Unlimited access to background reports, data and research related to population and development
- Participation to attend seminars and networking events open to parliamentarians, specialists, NGOs and representatives from the public and private sectors
- Opportunities to work together with APDA to engage in population and development advocacy and information dissemination activities
- Access to a wide network of specialists and other resources related to population and development
How to become a member
We ask sincerely for your support through membership. There are two methods of payment – via credit card or bank transfer. Credit card donations are encouraged and appreciated.
※APDA is a tax-exempt organization and all donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
Monthly Membership Fee by Credit Card
By registering for a small monthly membership fee you can become involved in global activities! Your donation will be used to support APDA’s global work. The membership fee is 500 JPY (equivalent to US$5) per month using your credit card (VISA, Master). Please click the “Donate Now” button below.
- Membership fee
- 500 JPY/month
Alternative Payment Method
If you wish to set up contributions without using your credit card, please contact your financial institution to arrange bank transfers. The details of APDA’s bank account are below.
- Membership fee
- 5,000 JPY/year
- Membership fee
- 50,000 JPY/year
APDA Bank Account
- Bank Name
- SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORP.
- Branch Name
- HIBIYA Branch
- Bank Address
- 1-3-1 Nishi-Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Account Name
- Asian Population and Development Association (APDA)
- Account No.
- SWIFT code
- The United Nations Population Fund（UNFPA） UNFPA
- The United Nations Population Fund（UNFPA） UNFPA Tokyo Office
- International Planned Parenthood Federation（IPPF）
- International Institute on Ageing (INIA)
- The Asian Forum of Parliamentarians on Population and Development（AFPPD）
- The European Parliamentary Forum for Sexual & Reproductive Rights（EPF）
- The Forum of Arab Parliamentarians on Population and Development (FAPPD)
- The Indian Association of Parliamentarians on Population and Development (IAPPD)
- National Institute of Population and Social Security Research （IPSS）
- Japanese Organization for International Cooperation in Family Planning （JOICFP）
- The Nippon Foundation
- The Nippon Foundation Library
- Philippine Legislators' Committee on Population and Development (PLCPD)
- World Watch Japan